The D.E.O.T. Edition GameShell Is Coming As Well AS 2019Q3 Game Jam

thatsd just it, each time I try my gameshell crashes (doesnt even power on),

I’m starting a new thread. I’ll tag you @John_Bach. This is getting ridiculously messy.
Also, @John_Bach, you can edit your posts if you ever need to add something to what you’ve posted, instead of making another post a few hours later; especially if no one else has replied between posts. :slight_smile:

In other news, I’m in the process of uploading a new image. The leftover BIOS and Rims I forgot to remove will be removed. It will take the place of the previous one. I probably should put version numbers/dates. Yup. I’m going to do that. Give it a few hours.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/coy90358963ge9a/deot_v1%2B%2020191019.img.bz2?dl=0

I have made a new thread to continue discussions regarding this here:

ok sounds good, been having a time with my Gameshell, wouldnt boot after swapping cards, car wasnt readable (using same hardware to write cards I been using), tested on a linux box, not recognized (the deot one I mean) I had a previous deot on it (the one posted elsewhere)

Hey @Veronica (and anyone else in the know), just wondering re: pushed launcher updates. Is the DEOT OS Launcher being maintained at the same rate as the original clockwork OS Launcher?

Just wondering for a custom image I’ve made; whether or not to have DEOT OS as my base launcher that can be updated, or having it as a side loaded one; with the stock Clockwork OS as the base.

Besides some extra home screen items, shifted icon locations, and removed/hidden features (utilities, skin chooser and Launcher Go), it appears to be very similar.

Just bringing up a previous query: Will DEOT edition front and rear shells ever be available to buy by themselves? We wouldn’t have to worry about the shortages of other parts, or waiting to have them in stock. I’m quite interested, and I’m sure a few others
people would be too!

Last time I saw the commit tree of the main launcher repo, DEOT is behind the main head

1 Like

Hurm. That is annoying. Thanks for the info @Petrakis.
Looks like it’s probably better to just extract whatever assets we can from the DEOT UI etc, and inject them into a modified vanilla Clockwork OS image, if we want the “Thematic UI”
Heck, it would make it a hell of a lot easier.

On a side note, I wonder where @Veronica has gone to? They were quite active here, initiating threads, and helping people. They even got the new member of the month badge. Some things will just remain a mystery. :upside_down_face: