The UK Fellowship of the Limbo Parcel

Length of storage in the end will win. They discharge (a lot) over time so whatever you do, after a couple of month, they get to 0 and start to degrade.

Iā€™m all about sending the GS without the batteries, if the battery can be easily found on the likes of Amazon for example and if the battery is of the same quality, etc.

Thank you for the update @yong. Appreciate the private email as well.

What i do not understand is why this rule of sending the battery inside the device and not outside? Is it purely because if itā€™s outside of the device, its easier to damage while transporting? It sounds weird to me to not transport batteries while they are outside, but be totally fine to transport batteries alltogether. I mean if it was a case of soemthing exploding while mid airā€¦ commercial operated airplanes donā€™t ask you to not board on the plane with your cellphone *(which has a battery). Maybe iā€™m missing something obvious but for me this makes less to no sense.

Outside is not properly packaged could result in a short circuit and some really bad ending (fire)

But the battery used on the GameShell are properly packaged, and should have protections against short circuitā€¦

2 Likes

Quick someone get a gofundme going for @Wizz :slight_smile:

No need. The fortune Wizz would make selling the batteries alone would be plenty :wink: haha.

1 Like

Yep, I assume itā€™s a box-checking exercise that if a battery is not connected then it could short circuit.

I would imagine that common sense is not allowed at customs so if it isnā€™t connected, itā€™s a big red mark. Regardless of whether itā€™s safe or not.

Until the battery is packaged properly, and here it is as it is in a bag and with foam around (it canā€™t move and nothing canā€™t fall on it)

And you especially DONā€™T WANT an anti static bag :smiley:

They are conductive! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Update:
Good news! We finally had PostNL agree to start destroying the batteries for us. They estimated one week to finish destroying the batteries, and another 3-7 days to continue sending the rest of the parcels to you. In the same time, we need suggestions for battery suppliers in UK.

3 Likes

Yaaaaayyyyyy! Iā€™m so bloody excited haha. Thanks so much. Why are you still up? Isnā€™t it like 5AM over there?

Do you mean you will try to find a way to send us battery from a UK supplier?

Well i fear that most BL-5C battery we find here come directly from china XD

Theres plenty on Ebay saying theyā€™re genuine Nokia ones. 1020mAh. I was going to get a couple anyway for the GS so Iā€™m going to pick some up now.

There is a Duracell version of BL-5C which most of the UK suppliers (CPC/Amazon etc) seem to sell. I would suggest a branded version of BL-5C would probably be better

eBay they are 99% of chance of coming from china.

Amazon have a couple of them:

But same all which are not ā€œprimeā€ are probably going to come from china.

Well this one:

Is sold on amazon so it must be genuine.

@yong Iā€™m not sure how you want to do that; but Iā€™m sure that we can help you to do the proxy to dispatch batteries in the UK. Iā€™m happy to help on that

OMG the excitement is real! Thank you, @yong and the rest of the team who helped get to the bottom of this!

Stay away from that. That is not a duracell battery. Check the reviews of it. I was looking at it as well until some guy posted a review and pointed out that the website written on the back of the battery doesnā€™t even load. More of that, it only lasted for 30h for him.

I think we should find a way to still have some decent batteries as clockwork team intended and tested the devices with. In the meantime while we wait for the rest of the stuff to come, maybe we can find a way to also get the batteries.

LE: What about this one?

BL-5C Rechargeable Battery 1500Mah With Current Protection 2 Pieces(5C-2pc) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FH7RXCZ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_nPHBBbFD6AD64

No reviews yet so donā€™t know if they even work, but it ships tomorrow if I purchase (prime) so I guess itā€™s sold from within UK.

Yes. This one looks similar to the one I bought in US (http://a.co/2cKtVO3), which works fine. Or to be safe, the one sold by Amazon? One other concern besides cost is not sure a single supplier has that many inventory. The ideal way is we order from them, and have them sent to you.

1 Like

This one to consider as well. How the hell are we suppose to know these batteries are safe?

PATONA Battery BL-5C

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HSG13U0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mEQBBbG6Z7EK3

Considering the problems with getting the batteries, and the fact that it seems to be a pretty standard component which can be bought over the counter (I found one for 13USD ten minutes from my house) - would it be possible to get the GS with a partial discount if you supply it yourself?