Ubuntu OS image on uConsole

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask for your help please with the following question. Has anyone managed to get the uConsole to work with Ubuntu? If yes, could you kindly share any support/guidance? My end goal would be to try to run DragonOS for my ham radio project.

Many thanks!

1 Like

You might be able to roll your own image following ClockworkPi’s instructions, but the provided image is either based on Raspberry Pi OS (CM4) or Armbian (A-06), which as Debian derivatives are both fairly similar to Ubuntu.

I’ve seen a few posts about ham radio projects here already, so you’re in the right place.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the reply and for sharing this. I will give it a try :slightly_smiling_face:

I currently have jammy running perfectly fine on my cm4. It isn’t all that hard, though the instructions on github are a complete headache and do a lot of unnecessary things. Basically, as long as you can get their weird version of the kernel to boot, you can run whatever linux distro will run on a pi. As long as you install this apt/debian/pool/main/u/uconsole-kernel-cm4-rpi/uconsole-kernel-cm4-rpi_0.13_arm64.deb at main · clockworkpi/apt · GitHub and have kernel8.img, cmdline.txt, and config.txt all set up properly (copy pasting from the default image should be fine if the .deb doesn’t do it) it seems to work fine. Not ideal, but it works. Actually getting it installed is a bit of a pain, though. If you have an HDMI cable you can probably just use that and be fine, but i had to chroot into the sd card.

If you have an A06, then i’m afraid i can’t really help you, but here’s their kernel for that: apt/debian/pool/main/u/uconsole-kernel-current-cpi-a06/uconsole-kernel-current-cpi-a06_0.21_arm64.deb at main · clockworkpi/apt · GitHub you may be able to get some kind of similar set up going with it.

1 Like