Uconsole field ops shell design

RAm mount is the way to go my mobile vhf/uhf/ network radio assembly is all ram - mount based - and I have a clamp system for my phone (in our state it must be hands free)

Laptop Tent Sun Shade & Water-Resistant Laptop Bag with Glare Shield, Shoulder Strap, Portable Case for Working Outside | Foldable | Privacy Cover Hood | Heat & Light Reflective Outdoor UV Material - Amazon (some people think of everything) although I’d like to be in the shade too!

alright through the mighty BAY OF E I have procured a vufine! so yes, the Uconsole will have a option for a dock on the corner for the vufine :slight_smile:

curious - do you wear corrective lenses? I use a reading focus lens for close work… just unsure of how these ocular devices can be adjusted for use…

Just mainly for astigmatism but I think the vufine has a focus adjustment so it can suite a large swath of people

I have Astigmatism and farsightedness due to age… so I wear progressive lenses that correct both - and they auto tint in the sun :wink:

this is a really good idea , i guess we can try to install it by hand,

i can try to put my alfa adapter or hackrf on it or put some other useful things on it!
and it is looks more easy to carry?

and it is very cheap,maybe just 3-4 euro to get it
i found that 75mm cost about 3 euro or less(depend on materials and manufacturing technology)

what would you do with it? I have Ram Mount systems that have a finger grip that could grip the uConsole on 4 sides… this would mount it in a mobile application or to a desk top… Tablet Mount Holders – RAM Mounts

Isn’t that where the soc is? How would you attach it?

Good news everybody! The stls for Uconsole dropped today! Clock is ticking on the field ops shell for Uconsole! I have the next couple of days off so shell will probably drop Friday!

2 Likes

I LIED! I DID IT ALL TODAY! Introducing the uconsole field ops shell!

2 Likes

You can make it simpler by utilizing the existing screw hole on the back of the uconsole and adding a gimbal screw. This way, you can secure the uconsole onto a tripod or other mounting equipment, just like you would with a camera.