Update: uConsole shipping related

also, idk if people have talked about this yet, but apparently last week a kernel for the uConsole was pushed to the APT repository for the R01

6 Likes

Looks like this was added last Tuesday. I wish the company did a monthly/bi-weekly YouTube show or something, to give updates on what they are working on and address community projects and whatnot. A pre-release video would be awesome.

3 Likes

I wish they keep doing exactly what they do: make great niche nerd toys at a great price. Producing a video show would either pull them away from their core business or drive up the price…

7 Likes

I don’t think it will make a difference in this batch, but Clockwork Pi would benefit greatly from hiring a dedicated Comms/PR person to work with their team, answer questions from the community, and plan a communications calendar during the preorder and shipping process.

Companies that specialize in preorders and crowdfunding campaigns have someone focus on this role because it minimizes cancellations, attracts customers for the next campaign and keeps existing customers engaged.

If they’re looking for someone to help or consult, I could make recommendations.

3 Likes

this would be such a great topic. Probably not going to get a lot of traction in this thread though.

I agree with this 100%.

I’ll work for merch…

3 Likes

I asked them in the chat, whether my order from a week ago would be shipped with the first batch, that might be arriving soon. They just told me that shipping takes 90 business days. Needless to say, I already knew that.
They suck a little at communication, don’t they? :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Patiently waiting for my uconsole and stumbled across this… similar but for the pi zero. It says it’ll be shipping in Aug 2023.

[libk removed] beepberry

1 Like

According to the description, it seems no available shell for it?

I ordered one… and had a shell 3d printed … not sure it will ship in August - but it’s like a mini uConsole… will be great for terminal window and text based apps. the August delivery is contingent on the SQFMI sourcing pi zero’s I think you can get it sooner and cheaper if you agree to supply your own pi. Let’s look at the difference between the two companies - they use Discord for a forum - they don’t supply a software image - just build notes and instructions on which files to modify to get the screen to work…Anyway looking forward to the uConsole looking forward to the golden email… this discussion is more appropriate for the forum Wen ship? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - #298 by Dezorian

debating buying one and hacking together a cell modem with it

Cool, you should start a new thread. Probably not going to get much traction here as this is shipping related.

You should start a new thread to foster conversation. You’ve posted in the shipping thread.

1 Like

I love the energy, you should start a thread about where things should go!

Can this topic be locked until Alex makes a post. I come here everyday to check for an update and it’s always someone posting something off topic or irrelevant.

9 Likes

The update is an edit of the first post. We won’t get notified by system if he update it. Others that aware may not able to post something to trigger notification.

I wonder what to do?

4 Likes

I must underscore the importance of maintaining focus on the impending delivery of the final product. Redirecting the efforts of the Clockwork Team at this juncture, I fear, may jeopardize the pivotal goal we are all striving toward. With all due respect, I firmly believe that it is in our collective best interest to allow them to continue their outstanding work uninterrupted, diligently advancing toward a successful product launch. This way, we can ensure they can uphold the quality and efficiency that have become hallmarks of their operations.

3 Likes

@AlexDuan
Dear Alex, it’s been a while since your last post of custom clearance progress, it would be great if you could help give us an update of the status.

Looking forward to your feedback~

8 Likes

new R01 kernel on github: uconsole r01 kernel 5.4.61-dirty,based on latest allwinner linux-5.4 · clockworkpi/apt@10d0bee · GitHub