Update: uConsole shipping related

came here looking for news and all i get is puns… facepalm…

2 Likes

I guess I’m no the only one who are still visiting here to see if any suprise or good news. lol

4 Likes

The photos are on Hal`s twitter:

#uConsole 🎉 Thanks for waiting!https://t.co/uJ9DgPODWh #clockworkpi pic.twitter.com/gbs6z3J9Wa

— Hal (@Hal_clockwork) March 4, 2023

5 Likes

That looks really good. Shipment takes place directly from China or from the USA?
In any case, nice to hear.

2 Likes

DevTerm shiiped from China to destination in the case of usa it was DHL.

1 Like

from China
(20char 20char)

1 Like

it’s April now, counting down to the delivery

2 Likes

Where does the order come from? I was thinking more of the USA or of China ?
It’s my question today…

1 Like

The Uconsole will ship from China.

2 Likes

OT but:

Where most of the world’s electronics come from. Heart Of Electrons! :smiley:

5 Likes

That’s good news! Not sure how many of you here invested in a thing called TextBlade in the past. Me for one dumbass fanatic am still suffering from the PTSD caused by not receiving any product nor being able to get any of my money back … hopefully the uConsole can get my confidence back in investing in crowd funded tech gadgets lol. All the best to the team!

1 Like

I just about ordered a TextBlade awhile back. Looked interesting, but I read the comments and it was already really late back then. So I didn’t get in on that one. I did get in on (and got nothing) the Tiko 3D printer. I also have “invested” in the Pocket Popcorn Computer. It is now 3 years late and even though they still exist, the odds of getting a product are really low. I have purchased many of these pre-order type devices and most do make it. As for the uConsole, I have one of those on order, ordered it on 10/25 with a R-01 processor in it. I have the DevTerm already so I know the company is capable of producing a really interesting project. These guys don’t tend to say much, but I am confident that they will ship. I used to work in manufacturing, it isn’t for the faint at heart. When products don’t ship, they are pretty much always out of money.

3 Likes

TextBlade used to have a policy that you can apply for a full refund at anytime. A lot of people did it the first couple of years when they couldn’t deliver. By the time I finally decided to ask for a refund, I believe it was 5 years after I placed the order, they were already long gone with my money but the website is still showing next expected shipping window. I was aware of the risks when ordered but still it hurts when I ended up with neither the product nor the money and the website is still advertising.

I do believe ClockworkPi is totally different, judging by the success of gameshell and devcom, though I have neither lol. I’ve been reading reviews of borh Until I saw the beautiful uConsole, and I immediately placed multiple orders for different models. It’s just the news of the delay triggered the feeling of betrayal inflicted by TextBlade. But I do understand how hard it is to get supply chain align with your plan and customers expectation. Not even apple can prevent a delay from happening let alone a new player in the market. But it seems it’s only gonna be delayed for couple of weeks, so I’ll be keep waiting and hope for the best lol.

3 Likes

I understand your hesitation, i have also been burned by companies in the past. I did a lot of watching and waiting before i bought my Gameshell just to make sure it was actually shipping out and not just hype.

My Gameshell arrived with a bad motherboard so i contacted support. They answered my email same day and had a new board in my hands within 6 days (that is impressively fast as i live in the US). CWP has earned my trust.

I like that they were up front with the uConsole delay and that it was for a good reason.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience, I’m so excited to see what I can do with the uConsole. Have always been waiting for an open source handheld Linux unit and this one even has LTE! It can come very handy for on the go ssh tasks!

2 Likes

Btw, by saying “invested”, I mostly meant investing my trust and devotion as a hobbyist, not financial wise lol.

1 Like

Wonder to what pre-order date would the first batch include please?

1 Like

Can uConsole function as a USB host? If so, does it provide power? Thanks!

1 Like

Yes it can, it will be the same as a DevTerm. Not sure how much power it can provide, but most USB 2 stuff will be fine.

2 Likes

Would orders placed now still be in that first batch? I ordered one in October but I’m thinking of getting a 2nd.

If it’s not in the same batch, will ordering a 2nd one before my first ships delay my first one?

Thanks!

1 Like