Clockpi A06 what for?

I was waiting for clockpi for more than a year for what ??

Only one OS working . Basic apt-get won’t work at thez beginning .
I bought a raspi 5 at the same time . Raspi 5 is ruuning most of linux distribution so fast and easy

I tried to install gnuradio . It took me hours to run . Now I have

sound is not working , once when I switch to bluetooth and back to sound card
wifi lost the communication , I have to reconnect to my access point
On battery , it is switch off after 10 minutes even if batteries are full , without any alarm
USB speed isn’t fast enough , have to reduce sample from sdr radio to minimum
Well I 'm quite unhappy

Only one OS working .

It takes some effort to get another distro running. On the DevTerm, I’ve been running Slackware on my R01 and CRUX on my A06, though I’m running a stock CPi OS image on my uConsole (CM4). There are wiki pages for building the OS from scratch, they’re very helpful.

If you are trying to run Kali like you mentioned in the other thread, the easiest way to do this is to start with the official image and keep the kernel/DTB stuff in place and then clear out everything but /lib/modules and extract a Kali aarch64 rootfs over it. There is some userspace stuff you’ll want to keep from the official image or build from the git repo, like the gearbox.

Raspi 5 is ruuning most of linux distribution

It’s a very popular platform so more people are interested in producing images for it that work out of the box. The Clockwork Pi gear is excellent stuff, but it often requires some hacking; this is fine with me, I got it for hacking. They’re not really comparable systems, one of them is an SBC and the other is a full system that contains an SBC and a screen/keyboard and a lot of other hardware. There are a lot of people building add-on boards ( uPico Expansion Card ), building out distros (so many threads), creating music ( uConsole Music Production ).

The Raspberry Pi is useful and started as an educational tool and it’s now really popular as a small computer that people can use, but most of Clockwork Pi’s gear is designed for creative hacking: building strange software, soldering jumper wires for hardware mods (it was really pleasant how many solder pads and circuit diagrams are available), that kind of thing.

wifi lost the communication , I have to reconnect to my access point

There are a few threads about this. Did you check out the antenna mods? I haven’t tried them but people say that they work great.

On battery , it is switch off after 10 minutes even if batteries are full , without any alarm

This sounds like a problem with the batteries. What kind are you using?

USB speed isn’t fast enough , have to reduce sample from sdr radio to minimum

This sounds cool. What are you trying to do with SDR? I’ve been playing with gqrx and rtl_fm but I am fairly new to those. SDR seems pretty popular with these devices.

Well I 'm quite unhappy

This forum has been really helpful to me, but I think you will have an easier time if you focus on one problem at a time instead of making several top-level posts complaining. Try asking one question per topic. I like the device, but I didn’t design the hardware, I didn’t make it, complaining to people here just adds negativity. A lot of people here are really happy to help with problems! A lot of them solve these problems and then post the results.

USB speed isn’t fast enough

you need to set your usb buffer.

it is switch off after 10 minutes

either you battery is bad, or your power manager settings.
look at the logs and find out why the shutdown happens.
you can also reduce batter consumption with the a06 gearbox

For battery as soon as I remove the power cord , the batteries are discharging very fast 0.002 V every second . It is the explaination . I have to find why .batteries are 9900 mAh GTF
for general feeling, if I compare to raspi suite 4 or 5 it is easier to manage . All software like Dragon os radio suite or Kali are native and running just after copy on sd card . For clock pi I spent one complete day to install all radios settings with my 10 years of knowlegde in radio sdr ans linux . I would hope dragon OS would be easy to adapt and run idem for kali .

1 Like

These are the issues we’re going to have with bespoke hardware. Have the same issues with the seeedstudio reTerminal.

1 Like

I regret to inform you that you have fake batteries. A 16850 should have around ~3500mAh, and you usually need to get them from a specialty store.

Do not trust the batteries on Amazon, especially if they’re ‘rated’ at three times what the capacity should be.

1 Like

It is the explaination . I have to find why .batteries are 9900 mAh GTF

That’s why. The 9900mAh batteries are false advertising. There’s a thread about it: Large Capacity Batteries in uConsole . Regardless of the advertised capacity, most of the Chinese batteries on Amazon are about 1000-1200mAh. There’s a link in there to a video, a place to buy reasonable batteries, etc. I haven’t used the store they link to, but I have had the same experience with Amazon batteries; I have had the best luck with the MXJO brand, the A06 lasts 4-6 hours on that easily. If you try out sudo powertop, you can see a lot of information, the screen brightness takes more power than the CPU sometimes.

1 Like