Custom D.E.O.T. V1.0+/Clockwork OS v0.4 image - With Updated Kernel 5.3.6, Latest Lima Drivers, RA1.8.1, Mupen64+ and much more! (Current version: 191122)

And back on topic, here is a modified skin file that corresponds to the file structure of the 0.5 official image. It also substitutes some of the thematic icons to take the place of items that would otherwise be blank:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wEH8P9faECjj6glUlRWQkSsSyWo0FjQW

Decompress the DEOT.zip folder, and drag it into the skins directory.

If you want the extra edge lord hacker thematic files from the DEOT OS (they’re actually just for show), then decompress the “Extra Icons.zip”, select the individual folders and copy them to ~/launcher/Menu/Gameshell.

The font of the DEOT is a custom one, and if you want it you’ll have to specify it. I don’t know any better way to do it other than replacing the skin manager, but I’m working on it. Let me know if you know.
In the skin manager directory in my shared folder, there are two files: skin_manager.py and skin_manager.py.bak. The first one is the DEOT version, with paths leading to the fonts. Copy this over the existing one, found in ~/launchersys.py/UI/
If you want to her revert to the original one, skin_manager.py.bak is a backed up copy. Just remove the .bak extension and copy it over.

There are some extra fonts found in the truetype.zip file. Decompress this, and copy them to ~/launcher/skin/default/truetype

There are a few items in the settings menu that are different in DEOT OS; Airplane, Brightness, ButtonsLayout, Sound and Storage. Decompress settings.zip, and copy the individual folders into ~/launcher/Menu/GameShell/10_Settings. Likewise, Tiny Cloud looks slightly different in DEOT. DO the same thing, just copying to ~/launcher/Menu/GameShell. This will overwrite all of the above, so make backups if you intend on restoring them ever.

That should be most of the DEOT features copied over. Unfortunately, the clean cut minimalistic icon layout has had to be cut, if I wanted to have this theme match up to whatever the 0.5 official firmware uses.

Now! Onto preferences for the new theme! Feel free to vote for as many as you want. This is just to get an idea of what to do for the future release that is coming up soon.

• Would you want me to include the DEOT Fonts?
  • Would you like to be able to revert back to the stock 0.5 white theme?
  • Do you want to include the OP-1 theme?
  • Do you care about the edge lord hacker apps?
  • Would you want me to make more icons to match the DEOT theme?
  • Does having a custom boot/loading screen via an edited kernel appeal to you?
  • Do you even care about the DEOT theme?
  • Would you want to have a custom launcher icon layout chooser?
  • Do you even use the Hexen/Heretic/Strife wad wrappers?
  • Is having a remove mail script useful for you?
  • Do you care about having global volume control, ie in standalone emulators etc?
  • Was having all of the cores pertaining to retroarch moved to the ./config/Retroarch/cores directory (instead of applications/emulators) something that was useful?
  • Does having all retroarch features (eg, XMB interface) appeal to you?
0 voters

In other news, all of the features in this post have now been implemented. Surprise! Retroarch 1.8.2 is installed on it!
I am just testing the image and polishing it up around the edges a bit. Let me know if anyone would like me to upload an incomplete beta version for testing, and reporting back. Note: It WILL be buggy! :smiley: