Custom D.E.O.T. V1.0+/Clockwork OS v0.4 image - With Updated Kernel 5.3.6, Latest Lima Drivers, RA1.8.1, Mupen64+ and much more! (Current version: 191122)

I think that something goes wrong with deot_v1+ 191411.img.bz2, as the size is really small.

1 Like

yeah did the dl overnight and its not finished

Dang I wish I saw this earlier - Been binging Pokemon Sword/Shield the last 4 days. Google drive. It is absolutely evil. Having a real nightmare uploading anything. i’ll put it back to being a drop box link for now… Then mega if that annoys me. But i’ll try google drive one more time first. Should be up within the next hour or so.

I’ve got to go to work now, but there will be a file eventually populating this folder. In fact, this is where I’ll dump most things in general.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xjuLFPvbtcq3FDDYCX-GI1wTCXX4XB7n

@Petrakis - I agree 100% with this! In fact, in a lot of my core overrides etc in RA, I actually did have things set that way. Part of the reason I had that survey was to see whether or not people would like to keep it that way, especially for game devices with only two right hand side buttons, like NES and GB. Also Cave Story in a sense. Early versions of the image had it set this way, but I removed it, in case it wasn’t “the norm”

Hi, willing to offer a second download link to the commnity from the EU to speed things up if that is ok with you… I will mirror your work unaltered but just offering a bit more speed. Let me know if this is ok.

1 Like

Well apparently debian bullseye (testing) has the required drivers and installs just fine.
I wasn’t able to load the lima driver however, it really insist on using the llvmpipe driver for some reasons.

I compiled mesa on this image too, but it didn’t want to use it either, I don’t know why yet.

Steps I took to install bullseye (nothing too original) :
Flashed a fresh image (this one), apt update, apt upgrade, switched to bullseye, again apt update and upgrade, and here I am

1 Like

@wizz - Absolutely! Go for it! I am more than happy to share whatever link you put up on the OP to keep things tidy!

@slock - Didn’t know about bullseye till tonight! Thanks for mentioning it! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear so many people coming together to work things out! I’m quite excited to be honest. I’m more than happy to have anyone share any progress they have made - because it’s far beyond what I currently know.

I’ve been working on this for quite a bit now, and I think I finally have a few things that could be released soon, such as almost full speed vvvvvv (and possibly other) for example.
Edit : I will only provide direction and maybe a script, not the full game of course

1 Like

I definitely am a big fan of having instructions and knowledge on how things are done, making it as much an educational experience as possible. Also makes it easy for people to cater to adding things as they see fit. I’ve tried not to include anything that I “personally” like, just to keep things as “clean” as possible. (although I am extremely keen to see how VVVVVV runs!)

I might include a link to a bunch of the well written out tutorials on how to install some standalone games in the OP, to augment the image afterwards. I’ll include yours for sure.

Just reiterating @slock 's experience; Likewise, I just tried an apt full-upgrade to bullseye sid, and changing the ~/launcher/.xorg_lima.conf as per @shell 's instructions above - I seem to be getting the same output re: lima drivers being used.
As per updating to bullseye, the /etc/apt/source.list was changed to use sid, and through the full-upgrade, so theoretically the SID mesa drivers should have been installed.

44%20am

If the lima drivers are being used, they sure aren’t the fastest things in the world, ie just testing using mupen64. Feels like the FBTurbo drivers are being used.

I’m uploading a test image with the above updates/changes for those who want to try and fiddle with it. Keep in mind, this is just here for testing and mucking around. Give it some time to compress/upload.

so I have tested the latest lima driver with your

deot_v1+ 191111.img

it works well than never

under the latest lima we can use many other Window Mangers, not just dwm

here is the progress

## install the new libdrm
wget https://dri.freedesktop.org/libdrm/libdrm-2.4.100.tar.bz2
tar jxvf  libdrm-2.4.100.tar.bz2
cd libdrm-2.4.100
./configure --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
make
sudo make install
cd 

## install the mesa master branch 

sudo apt install g++ meson python3-mako zlib1g-dev libexpat1-dev libdrm-dev flex bison libx11-dev libxext-dev libxdamage-dev libxcb-glx0-dev libx11-xcb-dev libxcb-dri2-0-dev libxcb-dri3-dev libxcb-present-dev libxshmfence-dev libxxf86vm-dev libxrandr-dev libunwind-dev 

git clone https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa.git
cd mesa

meson build --prefix=/usr/   -Dbuildtype=release   -Dgallium-drivers=kmsro,lima,swrast -Dosmesa=none -Dplatforms=x11,drm,surfaceless -Dllvm=false

sudo ninja -C build/ install

sudo mv /usr/lib/dri/sun4i_drm_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/sun4i_drm_dri.so.old

sudo mv /usr/lib/dri/sun4i-drm_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/sun4i_drm_dri.so

sudo mv  /usr/lib/lima /usr/lib/lima.old/

sudo reboot

this is just to compile the master branch of mesa(git short hash fca2d3ce3fd) into “/usr” which is not a good way,apt upgrade will broke this

it’s better to isolate them into a single folder like /usr/lib/lima
but I just for testing now

no need to change ~/launcher/.xorg_lima.conf, use Lima in the launcher

in the release image I should re-compile the mesa

here is the video shows the glmark2 in HDMI

Happy Hacking

thanks to @shell and @javelinface

4 Likes

What about? holding the package? That will prevent apt messing with it

sudo apt-mark hold <package-name>
2 Likes

We can use the following command to find out which OpenGL library is actually used:

ldd `which retroarch` |grep gl

For GameShell,when program need to load a dynamic library,it searches the paths which defined in

/etc/ld.so.conf.d/00-arm-linux-gnueabihf.conf

one by one,util the required library be found.
So a path defined in top of this file has higher priority then bellow,this is the trick GameShell v0.4 can switch between Lima and FBTurbo.There is another thing need to be mentioned in GPU Driver switching is modesetting driver.

3 Likes

Cool, if you share a link to the latest version, I will download it and make it available :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am so happy with how much has progressed recently! Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed! It’s truly what the whole community experience I was looking forward to with the Gameshell was meant to be!

It sounds like we’re getting closer and closer to an actual proper full blown >0.4 release, at the rate things are progressing now. I am excited! Most likely, once the new version comes out, if people are interested, I will start this image from scratch, using whatever the new version is as a base. (also, I can’t edit the original post after a month hahah)

Because there will be no point in continuing development on this, the next DEOT v1+ release will likely be the final one.

The final release will contain:

1. full-upgrade to the testing Debian Bullseye SID
  2. Unused MPD audio dependencies commented out upon boot
  3. Image size reduced, and zeroed
  4. guu’s auto expander properly implemented
  5. Latest Lima drivers working as per shell, guu, and everyone else’s work here

That said, I probably don’t need to do 1. and 2. , since the lima update posted above woks on the 191111 release. Eh. I’ll put both. :wink: In case someone really wants the shiny feel of having an unstable SID. (???)

The only thing I may do in the future for THIS release is include additional icons for those that are missing.

1 Like

Just got home from work - trying out your code. I ran into a problem with meson. I think I had to specify a directory. Basically I just made a build directory in mesa. Otherwise I get “ERROR: Must specify at least one directory name.”
There’s probably a more elegant way to do it, but this is what I did for now. It’s installing as I type.

git clone https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa.git
cd mesa

mkdir build

meson --prefix=/usr/   -Dbuildtype=release   -Ddri-drivers=  -Dgallium-drivers=kmsro,lima,swrast -Dosmesa=none -Dplatforms=x11,drm,surfaceless

sudo ninja -C build/ install

Meson does not requires you to cd to the build folder, you should run it from the mesa folder instead

2 Likes

yeah , a typo , sorry

1 Like

Good catch; Didn’t realise! Thanks. I’ll edit the above post.
@guu We’re all in this together! I can’t even hold a candle up to how much you’ve done.

so flattering
the candle is mine

I believe you guys in this community are the people who have made the real most contributions. I just do some miscellaneous work

anyway, I hope the build progress of mesa goes well to you

1 Like