Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903)

Hi,
I made a note in the first post regarding flickering. Did you apply the patch?

1 Like

Hi,

How do I come to know if my cores got updated? It run the updater and it does say cores up to date (or something similar).
But how do I manually verify this?

I didnā€™t want to go silently benefitting from all the hard work in here, so hiii :grin: I lost patience with my setup on OS 0.4 and figured Iā€™d try this. I flashed your 200903 build and set everything up, and at first my machine was flickering like a few others have reported (for me it was scanlines jittering a handful of pixels left and right). I swapped in/out about every combo of clock setting and kernel provided in the menusā€¦no dice. Weirdly enough, if I kept the unit powered on, the flickering would go away after about 10 minutes. After getting tired of that(!) I tried your patch. Itā€™s been solid for over a week now playing GBA, GBC, MAME, PSX, Neo Geo Pocket, Atari 2600 images, running Pico-8, and even running a couple of flavors of UAE. If I run into any issues Iā€™ll speak up, but itā€™s been solid so far.

Thanks for all the work you do in here on the forum. I honestly canā€™t remember the last time I saw someone put this kind of help together and consistently help others with just about anything. Also, thanks to those putting together custom kernels and apps. And thanks to those talking through issues here. Itā€™s silently helped my Gameshell be waaay more enjoyable than it was. I really appreciate it!

6 Likes

This is such a beautiful reply!! I honestly donā€™t know if half the things work for everyone. Most people who reply only do so when something doesnā€™t work. Great to hear that everything is working, including the patch for the flickering! :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been a bit busy with life lately, so havenā€™t had as much time to help as much. But it looks like most of the posts here are directed at the devterm.

Fingers crossed most of the ā€œregular user issuesā€ have been addressed, and we now have a fairly feature rich gameshell device, free from most problems!!

3 Likes

I havenā€™t been through the entire thread since thereā€™s a lot. But I managed to mount the image, use the patches preemptively to fix flashing (if I were to even have it) and so far things seem to be running smoothly for me. Transferring over a bunch of my GBA/GB roms to test out retroarch on this image. Not sure if Iā€™ll have to reference another thread for the settings I used to have. Either way I am impressed I managed this so far with 0 issues.

Thereā€™s a lot I need to learn still, but so far so good.

If there are any parts of the thread I should read, please can you link me to those spots? Thanks in advance and awesome that thereā€™s some people here to help/create.

2 Likes

HDMI output does not work.
The first screen appears, but it does not proceed to the menu screen.

I am using the latest custom image (200903).

If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please advise.

Hey, thanks for the feedback!
It sounds like you should be all good. Iā€™ve tried to take all things into consideration, and put any specific instructions into the first post.
Fingers crossed things all work!

@misaki860 are you booting up with the HDMI plugged in? Give that a shot. Otherwise, try a different kernel out, using the kernel switching scripts.

For some reason, the wonderswan emulator specified an extension only for the color version, you need to fix it and add ws

/home/cpi/apps/Menu/20_Retro Games/45_Wswan/action.config
ROM=/home/cpi/games/WSWAN
ROM_SO=/home/cpi/.config/retroarch/cores/mednafen_wswan_libretro.so
EXT=ws,wsc,zip,7z
LAUNCHER=retroarch -L
TITLE=Wswan Roms
SO_URL=https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/armv7-neon-hf/latest/mednafen_wswan_libretro.so.zip

My game shell turns off itself after a few minutes of standby, is there a way to keep it awake?

@javelinface when are we gonna see a custom 0.6 :wink:

I havent been here in a long while myself, any updates to DEOT? also considering a uConsole instead of devterm for now

1 Like

Set the power to server under Settings - > Power

I have 2 main issues, I donā€™t know if they are software or hardware related.

1. Battery is draining while device is powered off
  2. Wi-Fi and bluetooth stop working after a while. Scanning for wi-fi networks and bluetooth devices not working.

After clean install of Deot image wifi & bluetooth starts working.