DevTerm Production Status Update

So excited! I’m really looking forward to whatever comes next. Thanks for all these updates recently. They make the wait so much more bearable. Also loved the Lord of the Rings reference :laughing:

1 Like

Very exciting. Can’t wait to get my hands on a production unit!

1 Like

Thank you all and look forward to my DT :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

you and your team are champions. finish line in sight!

2 Likes

The least we can do to honor your support.

3 Likes

We expect the RISC-V to be a game changer. So, let’s see :grinning:

7 Likes

You guys are the champions. We merely make shoes, you guys run fast in them :trophy:

3 Likes

is the process going well so far?

Hi alex,

I think we agree on the transparency. And I don’t want to drag on this argument, which admittedly is kind of toxic and not what we want the forum to be about.

That said, I want to take a second to correct your first point:
Gaslighting is manipulating people into doubting their sanity.
I have argued that verbally spitting on people is not an appropriate behavior for nice people, especially given the corona situation which does have a direct impact on devterm.

Calling good manners and empathy gaslighting is in itself gaslighting.

But let’s not get distracted by the entire singular thing; much more important is that we have a ton of new details and a great toy to look forward to. Thanks for putting in the work in the wiki!

3 Likes

shew! go away!
tenor

2 Likes

guuuuuuuuuuuys stoooooooooooop! Take this shit to the DMs. we’re over it. you’re both very cool and brave ok, everyone knows now.

2 Likes

So far so good. Keep working💪

5 Likes

Does it work without any batteries installed? I mean, just power it with an USB-C cable.

1 Like

It can be powered without batteries, but not recommended.

4 Likes

so, say i’d like to use it to plug into a display via micro-hdmi, would it be bad practice to leave it plugged in via USB-c adapter even with the batteries still in it? i wouldn’t want to ruin my beautiful unit within weeks of building it haha

It’s okay as long as the batteries are well mounted. Acually, using only USB-C works, we don’t recommend it because the batteries provide extra stability. So, why not? You wouldn’t notice.

2 Likes

sweet. thanks for clarifying.

Ok, maybe dumb question… Did the RPI-CM3 models get shipped already?

1 Like

I don’t think they have shipped just yet but they are very close. This was the last we heard from @AlexDuan:

1 Like

I just heard from the packing team. CM3 is now during the last stage of packing. The carrier has set up cameras over the packing line, the packing team has to upload the video footages frequently to the carrier’s server for the customs to observe the packing progress, which is a necessary move to avoid smuggling according to the carrier. That has slowed them down a bit.

9 Likes