GameShell OS image files (v0.5)

Haha I think you just answered your own question.
I can’t really answer this without repeating what the instructions have already said, but I’ll try.

1. Download that file to your computer. It’s the files you’ll use later to update your system. You can also use the wget command, but I’m going to assume that you may not know how to do this.

2. Use the commands in step 2 of what you linked to “prime” your system; updating the files list, then upgrading the system with the latest updates for the underlying system. To do this, you’ll need to SSH into your system from a computer/phone/tablet. That’s where you type in commands etc. This is a standard procedure that most people who use Linux know how to do. You will be asked questions. The answers are most likely in this thread. Heres a refresher on what SSH means: How do you "SSH?" Do you connect your gameshell to a computer using TinyCloud? - #2 by javelinface

3. Using some kind of file transfer program (or command in a command line interface if you know it), copy the file from step 1 to somewhere on your gameshell.

4. Using the command line, run the file. This involves first, performing a chmod +x to the file, changing the mode to allow the file to be executed, then running it using a ./ command.
    Probably something like this.

chmod +x patch_for_clockworkos_v0.4.sh
./patch_for_clockworkos_v0.4.sh

After doing step 2, you may get a whole bunch of error messages regarding MPD, and mail notifications when starting up.
To remove them, follow these instructions.

If at any stage you feel that you don’t know what to answer or what program you need to use, stop what you are doing. You could do more damage than good. I can’t help you, as I don’t know what you have changed on your system, so can’t for sure answer the appropriate response.

The update is definitely targeted at more advanced users. As stated in the description, it is a work in progress, and remember to back up your system before performing the update.

Oh hang on. The exact thing was asked and answered above.

Just want to be as sincere as possible, but don’t forget to read posts, and search things up. There’s a good chance a lot of it has been answered. It’s hard to find at times. But in the case of this one, it was 6 posts above yours.

Oh and here’s another one!

All in this same thread.