clockworkpi

GameShell OS image files (v0.5)

Hey, thank you so very much for the quick and detailed help. Following these instructions worked perfectly. Performance is pretty good (better than my RG350) though some shaders are a bit wonky.

New to all this linux and ssh stuff but I’m slowly getting there. Thanks again and cheers!

1 Like

This instruction is no longer needed, as I fixed up the typo I made in my previous post.

Here for historical reasons

Whoops! I made a typo. There might be a stray action.config sitting in your retro games directory.
Redownload it to the right place with this:

And of course, remove the stray file with

rm /home/cpi/apps/Menu/20_Retro\ Games/action.config

May I know how to trigger the file system auto expansion manually?

This was taken from @hpcodecraft’s script:

#!/bin/bash

GREEN='\033[1;32m'
NC='\033[0m'

printf "${GREEN}Installing dependencies...${NC}\n"

# Install growpart util
export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
sudo apt-get -y install cloud-guest-utils

printf "${GREEN}Growing partition...${NC}\n"

# Grow root partition
sudo growpart /dev/mmcblk0 2

printf "${GREEN}Resizing file system...${NC}\n"

# Resize file system
sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2

printf "${GREEN}Cleaning up...${NC}\n"

# Uninstall growpart package again
sudo apt-get -y remove cloud-guest-utils

printf "\n${GREEN}Done! Reload UI and Check Settings->Storage 😊 ${NC}\n\n"

so after I enter the script for the dependencies do I copy paste this entire thing in this?

Aha, that was a one off quick amendment I had to make. Initially, I made a typo, saying to download a file to a location. I fixed up the initial post, downloading the file to the right place and deleting the file that got downloaded to the wrong place.

You shouldn’t need to run that second bit. :slight_smile:

so just run the script on top from the initial post?

That’s correct! I’m assuming you’re running a stock 0.5 image? Also perhaps continue this in the thread you started. This is getting a bit off topic.

yes I am currently, I am waiting for the script to finish running again via the original post

this ish takes forever lol

Don’t forget, you can edit you posts. :wink:
For anyone else following the breadcrumbs down the track, here is the post that I’m talking about.
@Larry_Covington - could you continue the discussion here? Although you shouldn’t need to, since that script should do the trick. :slight_smile: (and yes, it does take forever. Be patient! It will be worth it!)

thank you very much for the help I just readded the script and the new edit from the (Dropbox part), so now do I add the last line on this edit with the (rm) on it?

this line
rm /home/cpi/apps/Menu/20_Retro \Games/action.config

Dear All, I have a request for help. I bought Clockwork. Downloaded 0.5 image. Downloaded balenaEtcher. Burned the image onto original SD card. And I can’t boot the Clockwork now --> nothing happens after inserting SD to the unit, and trying to power up. I have a second Clockwork with old 0.4 image SD card, when I swap this card onto the new Clockwork all works fine.

Am I doing something wrong? Checksum was OK. Is there any additional action to do to make the SD card bootable or something?

You need to wipe out sd card completely before install new image ( remove all partitions). Try to google “sd doesn’t show/have full capacity” or something similar…

I followed the instructions to upgrade my gameshell from version 0.4 to version 0.5 and now the gameshell doesn’t get passed the Happy Hacking message.
I used ssh to get into the gameshell. used wget to get the patch for v0.4 to v0.5 patch. Then I did the update and upgrade. Then I did a chmod to make the patch executable. Then I ran it.
After it was all done I changed the driver to the new lima driver in the gameshell’s menu system. And when I rebooted it, it just says happy hacking and you have mail. I can’t get passed that screen now.

What did I do wrong?

I think I have the same bug you do. What did you do exactly to fix your issue?

I would just use a fresh MicroSD. I installed a new OS on mine using Win32 Disk Imager and didn’t have any issues

1 Like

I was able to fix the issue I was having by just reformatting the sd card. Thank you for the reply though.

That is great to hear!