GameShell OS image files (v0.5)

update for all gameshell models? (my model does not have a mini HDMI)

Yup! Basically runs the same on both tbh. You’re not missing out on much really.
You might have some problems if you do an upgrade from an older OS. So be prepared to flash a new card.

1 Like

Trying to reinstall my GS, I just found that the link to the original torrent file for 0.5 is not valid anymore. I’ve created a new one:

https://www.mirari.fr/BZM1

This is not the same .torrent as the original as I can’t find it anywhere, but link to the same file as the one linked on the first post here.

Just for information, I still (and will try to keep as long as possible) all the different clockwork OS version available as torrent seeded on a server of mine that have a good bandwidth. Don’t hesitate to use torrent instead of direct link when you can

(edit: for the curious I’ve updated the torrent to have some more tracker as DHT can be really slow sometimes)

3 Likes

Thanks! @Godzil
My bad, fixed the mirror server, updated the torrent with your version now.

2 Likes

FYI it looks like the torrent is not being seeded anymore… direct download still works though

1 Like

welcome back @Abbadon
there’s likely been updates and stuff since then, too

This is the latest greatest I could find. If there are any newer images out there please let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

no i think you are correct. my mistake.

It should be, if my server is not seeding that just mean utorrent crashed. Going to check.

edit: indeed, it was crashed, I’ve restarted it.

2 Likes

Don´t you run it with systemd? You could make it reboot on crash

1 Like

do they even make utor for *nix?

That’s easy:

systemd → :put_litter_in_its_place:

1 Like

you must be an old school init guy, then. i cant knock on init. i still prefer init 6 to reboot

Don´t tell me crontab… Thats trully

wow… i thought i was a hater… but compared to some yall, i look like a fun loving hippie. what is with all this hate anyway? i like cron.

Crontab have nothing to do with running a demon

1 Like

You will be surprised how many crontab “daemon” I have seen in Prod lol

1 Like

这是来自中国的团队开发的嘛?淘宝上要买这个 gameshell 机器要预定,还要等半年(200天)~,
不知道到手了会怎么样,弄一个试试,期待中。。。

1 Like

You are in the English speaking part of the forum, could you please post in English?
Thanks

Lot’s of action on this thread recently! Any good Chuck Noris Jokes? #BarrensChat