GameShell OS image files (v0.5)

ok,now I understand , lol

2 Likes

i tried to upgrade from v 0.4 to 0.5.

• i downloaded ā€œpatch_for_clockworkos_v0.4.shā€, Copied it to GameShell and made it runable with ā€œchmod +xā€
  • executed ā€œsudo apt-get update && sudo apt upgradeā€ā€¦

unfortunately, at about 64% of upgrade the GameShell droped usb/ethernet connection, because of upgrading smth. network-related.
so, had to wait about 1 hour, hoping that itā€™s enough to complete the executed commands.
i tried to connect via WiFi, but had timeouts. on ethernet GameShell refused SSH connections almost immediately.
there was no choice but reboot the GameShell. then i stuck with ā€œYou have new mail.ā€ screen, with some non-sence in ā€œx.logā€.
so i executed ā€œsudo apt-get update && sudo apt upgradeā€ again,
and run ā€œpatch_for_clockworkos_v0.4.shā€ on GameShell.

after reboot i stuck with ā€œYou have new mail.ā€ and X segment fault in ā€œx.logā€, and clue about video driver crash in ā€œXorg.0.logā€.

then tried to instal ā€œlimaā€ driver

and after reboot, i was able to see the launcher UI.
checked the ā€œAboutā€, and ā€œ0.4ā€ displayed there,
so i decided to try the ā€œpatch_for_clockworkos_v0.4.shā€ once more.
andā€¦ stuck with ā€œYou have new mail.ā€ and X segment fault with video driver crash again :slight_smile:
so, installed ā€œlima_v0.4ā€ one more time.

so far, the launcher works. i see ā€œWarehouseā€ menu, but ā€œAboutā€, still displays v ā€œ0.4ā€.

Okay. I tried multiple times and Iā€™m still stuck. From what I could see everything got updated except for 16 packages.There were times when it asked if I keep or update a local package and I said yes to updating one out of the three times this happened.

Okay so there is a problem with the OP-1 theme when upgrading, but is it working correctly with a clean reflash?

If anyone create a torrent, please tell me I will add it to my seeding box which is also seeding all the previous versions

Not for me. I clean flashed twice because the first time switching to OP1 doinked my system into that Loading screen.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, there were problems with the OP1 theme when doing a clean flash.

The solution to getting out of a broken state after enabling the OP1 theme is to remove the .gameshell_skin file:

@guu has posted that thereā€™s an update available for Launcher that fixes this:

You should be able to install 0.5 and then update Launcher to the latest version on Github from the Settings > Update launcher menu (or by manually doing a cd launcher && git pull assuming you havenā€™t made any changes in your launcher)

the patch or lima_v0.4_20191223_2.tar.gz wonā€™t change the os version number

during the apt upgrade
chose

keep or update a local package ā† keep

and all other option is NO

and I am not sure how to fix your issue now

If I were you Iā€™ll give a try on

since there is no better way now
and why there are 16 packages not updated? some errors occured?

if that so
try to reconfig the apt to fix

what exactly do you mean by

I tried it. I can access the menu now, so I think it worked.

1 Like

Mirror link:
https://pcroz.stackstorage.com/s/l4J4Plsh8fIK7Ss

1 Like

also, my OP1 theme got removed. How do I get it back without breaking everything?

That did nothingā€¦

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 16 not upgraded.

EDIT: Correction. Instead of logging in, it now displays:

mpd: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/lima/libdrm.so.2: invalid ELF header

the skin/theme is under /home/cpi/skins

if there is no folder called /home/cpi/skins

just do

git clone https://github.com/cuu/gameshell_skins.git /home/cpi/skins/

if there is a folder /home/cpi/skins
then

rm -rf /home/cpi/skins/
git clone https://github.com/cuu/gameshell_skins.git /home/cpi/skins/

then reload UI
make sure to update the launcher first

so this is the result after you tried

??

that is pretty strangeā€¦
can you see the launcher UI?
and
do

file /usr/lib/lima/libdrm.so.2

Wellā€¦ Once again Iā€™ll wait until its a stable OS.

Yesā€¦

result:

/usr/lib/lima/libdrm.so.2: ASCII text, with very long lines

Is there a way to manually launch the Launcher from SSH?

sure

cd ~/launcher
DISPLAY=:0 ./load.sh

your files are corrupted

cpi@clockworkpi:~$ file /usr/lib/lima/libdrm.so.2
/usr/lib/lima/libdrm.so.2: symbolic link to libdrm.so.2.4.0