PocketSNES standalone build

Can someone please explain to me how to install these standalone emulators? Theres literally no guides anywhere on how to do this, only guides on how to set up emulators through retroarch.

I literally just dragged 25_psnes from to my cpi/launcher/Menu/GameShell/
and chmod + x psnes.sh

its WORKING, its launching , just giving me ā€˜return to game, save states, options,ā€™ but no ā€˜load gameā€™.and im trying to get the standalone working which should be easier to set up without needing any action.configā€¦ and i know i had the standalone working before and it was much faster

Basically its launching now, but , i can not load games .

I am trying to get the standalone version working, as i already stated. The emulator is located in launcher/menu or whatever the menu folder is. That is one folder not two.

Yes i am sure is it there

You need to run PocketSNES with the rom. Thereā€™s no game loading option.

Why is the emulator in the ā€œlauncher/menuā€ directory? Look at what else is there. Itā€™s generally not emulators, but python and bash scripts referencing files in other locations. I mean, sure you can move stuff there. But note that no one else has it there, so you need to be prepared to know what youā€™re doing and not follow anyone elseā€™s instructions.

If you had the standalone working before, itā€™s because you must have been using the action.config, or individually referencing rom files to run with the emulator.

It is in the launcher folder since thats where i installed my other standalone emulators and shortcuts that all work fine such as picodrive and pcsx. Ive tried literally every action.config i could find to get it working. None of them have. I think i had at one point , a custom actionconfig thay worked but i have not been able to get it working again. Ive tried all your actionconfigs, multiple times. And ive tried them on the properly labelled pocketsnes launcher in the apps/emulators folder which came with the OS. Even that one ive tried your action configs on it didnt work. I will maybe make a post when i get home , with all my folder layouts and my action configs properly described . With the ones that work in the same folder along with the pocketsnes which doesnt. Then maybe we can get to the bottom of it snd isolate the issue.

I have my Pocket SNES working now thanks to simply formatting to the latest 0.5 imageā€¦

But I may have isolated the entire issue:

PROTIP: If you mess up your per-game or global game configuration, you may not be able to launch games anymore, (for instance if you set FULLSCSREEN to smooth on global) and you need to go to:
/home/cpi/.snes96_snapshots

and delete all the opt files in there which will delete all your per game and global configs and that reset your psnes settings. i found it on here: https://github.com/zfteam/PocketSNES-gameshell/blob/master/data/manual-en.txt