RetroArch Megathread

salut :- )

have you check this thread for set up a cross compile environment ? (yet with sdl2, not 1.2

I had to rebuild from scratch, had it expand to a 64g sd and the built in games work all fine. The only core I’m trying to get running, first, since it’s one of the few ones that I really want to play on a system that doesn’t have full button support for things like GBA or SNES by default (since I don’t have the lightkey module since I had no idea what that even was in the crowdfunder) is NGPC… of course it’s just a complete mess trying to run it. I saw another thread that had a suggestion on how to fix it and did all that and still no dice. Has anyone had any real luck getting it to run smoothly after redoing their entire system and updating like I have? I feel like I’m at my last stitch of dealing with this machine before either giving up or shooting myself. lol

I followed each step and I got stuck at
make -j8 WITH_DYNAREC=arm
when I type make -j8 WITH_DYNAREC=arm
It keep saying make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
so I cant install DOSBox.
Do you have any idea about this error

and also when I type
sudo apt install libsdl-net1.2 libsdl-net1.2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl1.2
it saying

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Package libsdl1.2 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

I think this one is making error about make -j8 WITH_DYNAREC=arm this code

I have no idea about the apt failure…
works for me.

For the build failure, fixed, mistake on my part on the instructions, read them again

from the other thread it was just need to run a sudo apt-get update before the install attempt …

(gs get 4 cores, make -j4 will be better)

I’m trying to put the “hotkeys” for Save State and Load State in version 0.3 and there’s no way … I get the five seconds countdown, but if I press the Shift + L or Shift + R key I can not save the combination…
In version 0.2 I do not have that problem.
Any solution? It is incredible the failure of Clockwork os 0.3 and without news of an update to solve this disaster …

I had this same issue, I resolved it by using something like WinSCP to browse the file directories of my Gameshell, Navigate to /home/cpi/.config/retroarch and find retroarch.cfg.

Now change your keybindings via this method, for now, it works. I dont keybind save state and load states, Instead I bound input_menu_toggle = "escape" and then do my save/load states via the overlay menu that comes up. If I need to exit, i’ll do it via this menu toggle.

Thats my two cents.

Hmm, I seem to have got stuck at the first stage and get the following:

Catherines-MacBook-Pro:~ cbrocksopp$ sudo apt-get install git build-essential
Reading Package Lists… Done
Building Dependency Tree… Done
E: Couldn’t find package build-essential
Catherines-MacBook-Pro:~ cbrocksopp$

What am I missing? Many thanks in advance…

Maybe some one could help me? I messed up with Retroarch controlls. I reassigned buttons wrong and now d-pad doesn’t work in retroarch so I can’t fix mapping. In menu of launcher everything works, but “update retroarch” through buttons layout in settings menu do nothing.
In the end I stuck with no possibility to fix controlls(
Any suggestions? Config file of conroller I didn’t manage to find.

you’ll probably need to ssh into your GS and delete the retroarch.cfg

Try this.
cd ~/.config/retroarch/ && rm -f retroarch.cfg && wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clockworkpi/GameShellDocs/master/retroarch.cfg

I don’t want to remove it. I prefer to edit it) I just found an answer. The search here is not very good.
Thanks anyway!

lol nothing is never perfect m8.

Hi, my version of RetroArch is v1.7.0. (Factory versión) Should I upgrade to version 1.7.3 before starting this guide?
I try to follow the guide but it always gives me error

I used this:

Worked for me.

Ok, i will try and tell you
Thanks

And then, Do i try the RetroArch Megathread guide?

As I understood it is makes process automatic. No need to do it twice

Ok, sorry but i don’t undertand english, i use translator.
I’m too new with Linux and the language is hard for me to understand too :sweat:

I tried to build the latest version today to no avail. It’s hanging at CXX deps/glslang/glslang.cpp after a few errors in the previous cpp file. I hope there’s a solution to this soon :(.