Review of recently recieved A04

I now notice other errors in general use. Caps works, but Shift does not (both Shifters). Strange, as it worked to enter my password in LightDM. Doing some further tests. I see that Shift does work when using shift to access specialty keys (e.g. @, |, ), +, and so on) but I can not produce capital letters. I was typing into the terminal, so I decided to open LibreOffice Writer to test further. The same thing occurs, Shift is in-fact working, but there are no capital letters.

I try to close LibreOffice Writer with ^C-q, but it fails. ^C-q works to close a terminal though, and ^C-c sends an interupt. I run dpkg-reconfigure locales belieivng this may be the source of the issue (NOTE: Fn still works and I can Page-Down, and Page-Up). Just like before, the only relevant locale enabled is en_US.UTF-8. I set it as default, and it regenerates the installed locales. Strangely, despite that being the only one selected (I interupted the generation and rechecked) it begins generating locales beginning with de_XX, and then begins generating the en_XX and es_XX locales too. I assume it may install all locales despite instructing it not to. All locales thus-far are UTF-8 only.

I wait paitently for the generation of locales to complete and I have to wonder if this has to do with the custom firmware I installed earlier for Trackpoint. The posting lists that it also has affect on the keyboard. Looking at the thread, I may have installed v0.2 rather than the later v0.21 and v0.3. I am unsure. Once finished, if the locale generation does not fix the issue, I will (re)install v0.3.