The UK Fellowship of the Limbo Parcel

Didn’t it clear customs in the Netherlands? The UK is still in the EU Customs Union, so it should just be waved through.

That’s different, international parcel always go through Customs (and yeah NL customs have been really shit with us retaining the whole palette…)

Really hope that HMRC one are not going to be too picky there…

Not necessarily. When something arrives in the UK from outside The EU, HMRC customs may (and often do) get their hands on it to add VAT. Since these packages seem to be marked at $19.05, it might just hit the threshold to be processed.

Mines updated too. Says it’s ‘on route to country of destination’!

Exciting!

From what i understood, customs at the netherlands opened the packages to remove the batteries and then repackaged them. If so we might be lucky as the package may be listed as netherlands for the source address.
Otherwise we may have HMRC services and costs to look forward to

Here’s hoping its the former

Ust checked royal maiil…

“Your item has left our International Logistics Centre and is on its way to you. More information will be available as it travels through the network.”

I guess it will be with me soon then

1 Like

Sounds like no custom?!

Mine is still here: This item has been received at LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom . More information will be available as it travels through our UK network.

I hope it will leave soon as well :smiley:

Meanwhile, i’m prepared with 2 BL-5C batteries (can’t remember if that’s the exact name) :wink:

Mine still says " Item received at AMSTERDAM E INTERNATIONAL MAIL"!! It’d be nice if mine even enters the UK!

On RM mine says it’s in transit and has left overseas at 2:20PM on Saturday. Didn’t know it took over three days to get from NL to UK.

Postal says it’s on transport to country if destination since then. Hmmmm.

Meanwhile I got a genuine Nokia BL-5C today.

I am not from UK, but I was waiting with you for the package from PostNL and today it finally arrived. I wanted you to know that it has arrived including the battery. So I recommend not to hurry buying replacement batteries as you may get one included.

3 Likes

Thanks @samuel
It might be because you were already in the netherlands and since it was already there, it was safe to transport it to you via car. That’s my assumption, but hopefully it will be as you say.

@YoshiK1 It may take a while to update on RM. Mine updated today that it reached UK (after being in transit overseas since Saturday) and joyfully it updated at 8 pm saying it’s out of HWDC and ‘on its way to you’.

1 Like

People on here are saying about the battery lasting a few hours so I always planned to buy a spare anyway but that’s cool you got a battery!

@1ceb0x fingers crossed!

2 Likes

RM tracking is saying it’s at my local post office!

Mine arrived right before I was leaving for work (sans battery).

It’s going to be a long day…

Mine arrived too - no battery here either. (UK)
No customs charge though, which is nice

1 Like

Mines in the U.K. too now.

Can anyone recommended where they got there battery from? All the ones of amazon seem like they’re knock offs.

Thanks

There’s one marked with “Amazon’s choice”, so I’ve plumped for that. If they’re promoting bogus products I will not be happy!

1 Like

How about this one?

[Hagnaven Li-ion battery for Nokia C1 C2 6030 6230i 6555 6600 N70 7610 E50 | The most powerful spare battery | 1120 mAh High-end quality accumulator cells | replaces BL-5C BL-6C BL-5CA BL-5CB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y43Y65Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_JrMHBbQHWNZXR](Hagnaven Li-ion battery for Nokia C1 C2 6030 6230i 6555 6600 N70 7610 E50 | The most powerful spare battery | 1120 mAh High-end quality accumulator cells | replaces BL-5C BL-6C BL-5CA BL-5CB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y43Y65Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_JrMHBbQHWNZXR)

I picked up this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rechargeable-Battery-1500Mah-Current-Protection-5C-2pc/dp/B07FH7RXCZ/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1535534297&sr=1-4&keywords=bl5c+battery

Should be delivered tomorrow so I’ll keep you posted. In the meantime I’m sure I’ve got a few old Nokias that took those that I’ll be digging out this evening.

1 Like