Update: uConsole shipping related

I don’t disagree with the substance of your post, but we’ve all been in the same boat since last fall. Some of the same people replying to you were making the same complaints three months ago. None of us really know why there were so many delays, why it has taken so long to ramp up production, or how many units are in each batch. Welcome to the party!

If you don’t want to wait for your device to ship, you can request a refund. Based on the DevTerm, GameShell and those who have already received their uConsoles, I think the ClockworkPi team is making an honest attempt to get devices out to people. They could stand to update their delivery estimates.

You know how these waits go. Denial → Anger → Bargaining → Depression → Acceptance.

Also, you might want to give the post you replied to a second look.

2 Likes

i don’t need the money, i don’t want a refund. i’d like the product i paid for or some sort of explanation from clockwork as to why it hasn’t shipped other than “supply chain” or “small company”. the site says estimated delivery in 90 days. the emails that i have from Alex at clockwork said it would ship in march. i’ll not bother replying to anything else on this thread and will be hoping for some word from someone at clockwork and wishing for some kind of update that’s not we’re getting ready to prepare to start to think about maybe shipping another unknown quantity of devices that are maybe not missing parts…again. i will say that the few devices i’ve seen on the youtube are nice and the build quality does look good but i suppose they should given that each unit is apparently being hand carved from aluminum magnesium alloy by swiss watchmakers.

4 Likes

Point of reference: my order number is 194xx, I asked Alex last night if my order was part of this batch and he told me that it would be 1-2 more batches until they get to mine. So don’t hold your breath, folks…

1 Like

Yeesh, I’m just hoping to get mine before China’s economy collapses

4 Likes

According to the " Highest order number that received the shipment notice" thread, the first order batch was about 200 units from about order #19000 to #19200.

The next batch should be underway, and it should be from about #19200 to #19400 or more, as there is no reason not to increase production rate (chip crisis is easing off now).

The statement that your order #194XX is 2 batches away means Alex is bulshitting you. Or maybe they send out now 10 units per month and pretend to still be in business. It looks bad, very bad.

I’m not so sure, I think it’s model dependent as well. I’m order # 19083 and I haven’t received any shipping notices. But I also ordered the A06 model.

1 Like

I think CWP is doing a great job as an “indiegogo” type of the company, based on my experience shopping with other similar type of companies. And the US-China trade/chip-soon-to-be-real war is really messing the supply chain up. I just now pray to get my unit before WWIII :smiling_face_with_tear:
For really pissed customers, this is where you can go Wen ship :slightly_smiling_face:

For all the people who cannot wair, here is something tou can buy while waiting, it’s near perfect, lacks only a backlight keyboard and a webcam

1 Like

Can you tell us what it is?

1 Like

opens google searches for random doodad that looks similar to but is in fact not a uConsole.
hmm, no results.
opens google image search and drops in photo of random doodad that looks similar to but is still not a uConsole
oh good! everything with a keyboard and a screen on the internet is a possible match!
Any chance we can get a name for this random doodad or possible a universal resource locator?

1 Like

It’s a GPD Pocket 2 from the looks of it

1 Like

Good eye! it does indeed appear to be a GPD. they are unfortunately still in the $400-600 dollar range used.
s-l500

1 Like

You cannot buy these new anymore from what I’ve seen!

2 Likes

It’s been 7 days, maybe today is the day we’ll start getting tracking emails for the second batch!

Nah you can’t. I bought mine day one on indigogo. Still working like a charm.
Used prices are nuts tho …

1 Like

So it’s not something you can really buy in the meantime…

1 Like

Sure you can ! Is it worth it ? You tell me :wink:

1 Like

That is an interesting attitude to take on an open forum after you have made multiple posts doing nothing but complaining like a small child that was told they have to wait until after dinner to eat their candy. You keep taking the “squeaky wheel gets the oil” approach but all your screeching has accomplished is annoying everyone else in the same damn situation waiting quietly around you.

I may not be a CWPI employee but i have an official shipping update, just for you:
Go to hell and wait your turn like the rest of us.

1 Like

“Don’t hit that snitch button, don’t it that snitch button”
Yous guys are giving me a hard time, can you guys behave or should we call mom to sort you out ! :rofl::rofl::rofl: