Wen ship? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

we had BBQchicken thighs yesterday - they ate them ALL… pre-cooked them via sous vide first then on the grill with some sweat baby rays…

3 Likes

I can’t believe it has been two weeks since the last update.

2 Likes

Yes and we keep taking the bait and posting on the wrong forum! but in the mean time - I’ve been over the forum and really beefed up my Devterm - can actually use the directional pad… fixing the printer … making ssh work etc etc so my time here has been productive.

1 Like

I think clockwork pi should consider changing the informations for shipping, i ordered late october and even if i got it in june it’s more 150 working day then 90 (and that if they ship un june).

1 Like

The wait for the uConsole is definitely aggravating - word on shipping progress would be helpful too… This has gone longer than the Devterm did (and that was during the spring when Covid was very active) I think there were issues with the case so maybe it’s a production issue with a supplier… Read the other forums - look at the other problems that have been solved on the Devterm these issues will need to be resolved on the uConsole too. Hope you have a good week next week… I’ll be taking the Devterm on a camping trip and hope to use it with SDR to do some signal strength experiments away from an urban area.

Thats nice!!!.. Today the charcoal grill strike again… Its hamburger time

4 Likes

Just one eternal question - the question of all ages - the universal question - how is your grill… so clean??? my last run on hot dogs had us eating grill grit… Happy grilling! I have the cheapest of charcoal grills for camping but cook on propane at home.

1 Like

Hahaha keep it warm elbow grease and prepare to brush … I use a bbq brush made of bamboo, the grill need to be under 250F and i dont leave any food or chars on the grill… Thats why they rust. Time to time oil the grills with vegetable oil.

Wow - so once I get my grill clean from all the nasty built up over the years then I can try to get it looking that nice!!! clean grill after every use… the secrete sauce! Thanks and happy grilling! I prefer to cook our meals out on the grill during the temperate months here … March - November I have been known to grill off months during a warm spell - my favorite is kabobs - I can hit my carb/protein/ low fat goal - I think it is the perfect food - definitely do Kabobs camping - I pre cook stew beef or roast in a sous Vide (~30 hours at 135 deg f) then chill in an ice bath and freeze - meat is ready to thaw and cook… Keeps really good in a cooler that way too.

1 Like

If you got grits from yours grills, its maybe the time to change it, pretty sure they will continue to degrade even if you clean it.

just replaced burners and drip shield I-ll see if I can get new grates… thanks!

Welcome to cookworkpi~

3 Likes

we got to discuss something since we have NO shipping updates - cooking is my fall back discussion topic :wink:

4 Likes

If you do get new grates, i would look into the different materials that are available. I used to have enameled cast iron grill grates, and they were very hard to keep clean and maintain, and i replaced them with stainless steel

The steel grates are a bit lighter and have less thermal mass, so to get a good sear they need a bit more heat underneath, but they are much easier to maintain and clean

1 Like

Yet another project

uconsole_vs_beepberry

Thanks for the link. I ordered one. Beepberries spec’s aren’t nearly as compelling as uConsole’s, but it’s a cool Linux gadget either way. I mocked this comparison based the information I could find. Based on the coarse 3D print of the Beepberry enclosure, I think uConsole is going to fit well in one’s hands.

3 Likes

beepberry_case

Here’s a print in hand for reference.

3 Likes

… will be very adequate for text based applications but compared to the multi-core uConsole yea performance wise no it will be slow… nice rendering - great comparison! on size

guys I just found out why the Uconsole hasn’t shipped:

5 Likes

I hope we see fantasy become reality once they overcome the cellular module shipping issue - probably should have sold that component separately… live and learn…

2 Likes