GameShell OS image files (v0.5)

Mupen64+ was never working on any release unfortunately, unless it was self built or pre made in a custom release. I’m looking to do exactly this, with the garage system.
Meantime, try this:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gdp6lrHK1bmBTM_CKiU7RNXKL-W8w0X3

Action config replaces the one in the mupen menu directory.
Mupen.sh is a script to install mupen dependencies. (You’ll need to sudo chmod +x the file to get it to be executable)
Mupen64plus is the program to run. Put it in the ~/apps/emulators directory.
Mupen64plus.cfg goes into the ~/.config/mupen64plus directory.

DM me if you need more help, since it’s kinda off topic in this thread.

Still it’s strange that the action file for Mupen64+ has been in the official releases, since off the bat, it simply doesn’t work. Well, all the files needed for it to run are above.

instructions on how to use the script for those interested

Righto! So the chmod command is what you need to do to change the mode of the file.
However to use this command, you will need super user permissions. That’s when you type sudo.
You will need to have a switch to choose what mode. Sometimes you put in a bunch of numbers. To do what you need however, you just need to put in the switch +x.
You need to point out where the file is located. I just run it from the user home directory, copying it directly to the CPI user. You can save having to type out the entire path of the user directory, simply by using the tilde key, ~.
Put it all together and you get:

sudo chmod +x ~/mupen.sh

It will more or less be instant after changing the permissions. Now you just need to run it! There are a number of ways to execute it. Using the command bash will allow you to run it assuming it is from the home directory. Since the file is already there, and I like to have more control over where it’s executed from, you can use the ./ command.

So assuming you’re already in the cpi home folder, type this:

./mupen.sh

And if for some reason you’re not, or if you ever need to run something from within another location, here’s the bash command for your reference:

bash ~/mupen.sh

Hopefully this shows you how to do it, and also teaches you a bit more about how to use Linux! :slight_smile:

4 Likes