Is Clockwork Pi Dead?

I realize that a few posts are still popping up now and then on the website, but will there be anything new coming out from ClockWork Pi in the near future? These devices have been sold out for ages, and there doesn’t seem to be any news regarding upcoming projects. I was really hoping that there would be a clamshell design coming out at some point, because I would buy that in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

no, we are alive and the new product is coming

10 Likes

I really look forward to seeing something new. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

You have my attention! This is exciting news!
If you need anyone to help beta test anything, I know a certain someone who would be more than happy to help. :wink:
(It’s me)

4 Likes

thanks for replying :slightly_smiling_face:! really need a screen option to choose!

1 Like

i’ll be here too if you also need another person

3 Likes

long live clockwork pi, it’s my favorite toy

4 Likes

Screen upgrade please! I stopped using mine cause I can’t stand the current screen!

3 Likes

Wait… new products :eyes: mmm As said by the prolific javelinface, you definitely have my attention.

2 Likes

More than happy to beta test anything for you guys! More modules with higher level parts if possible! More modules!

2 Likes

here is the new product

7 Likes

Oh wow!! I was not expecting this. And also, it’s a lot cheaper than I anticipated it to be! I am certainly interested!
USB C? That gets a big tick from me!
Gameboy printer style thermal printer. The nostalgia is killing me!
This is a VERY attractive unit!
Definitely needs to have a dedicated thread for this!!

2 Likes

There is. It’s the latest one. New Clockwork device: The DevTerm. Just scroll up and be sure to answer my poll. The second one.

1 Like

I was more implying I’d stop getting excited here, and to abandon this thread for that one.
Your poll in the other thread is a bit vague and subjective. I might refrain from voting if that’s okay with you.

Would it be available to get with CPI points?

2 Likes

Whats cpi points. is it like hudson bay points where depending on how much you buy more points. Then those points become like money and you spend less?

The bigger question is, what on earth are Hudson Bay points?
Read here

Oh, I was away off track. It just seemed like it. Anyway yeah it would be nice to be able to buy it with cpi points. Hudson bay points is what I just described in my first post. (when I did not know what cpi points are)

I had to look up where Hudson Bay is. Canada? I don’t even know. Not everyone’s from Canada. I don’t even know if it’s a shop, a kayak hiring shack, a park loyalty entry fee, or just a company named after the place. Canadian eBay?

Regardless, CPI points aren’t something that most people use as a daily currency, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much to be honest. You aren’t missing out on anything. If you are interested however, consider setting up an Ethereum crypto currency wallet yourself. That’s the first test :wink:

On topic, @Petrakis, you’re making me kick myself for spending all of my points!

I think @hpcodecraft had a sale on his Kickstarter edition Gameshell that came with some CPI points.

1 Like

Yes, it’s possible to get it with your CPI points, but we have to limit to one device per person for now.

2 Likes