RetroArch Megathread

Well, this was a pleasant surprise.

WHEN it works, since Picodrive is very fast (although less accurate than Genesis Plus GX) it can (should) be used with Run Ahead at 2 frames. This removes the input lag in a lot of Mega Drive games!

There are some games with 3 fps of input lag, and games that are a 30 fps, witch basically doubles the problem (Chakan for example I think it has 3 real frames of input lag + 3 of nothing because of the framerate). But all in all this is a total game changer.

You can bind one key to the “Frameadvance” option and check for yourself with/without.

Hello partners. I wanted to ask you a question. I am following the great tutorial of this thread on how to add emulators to the menu through RetroArch, and for the moment everything is perfect. But of course, the issue is that it depends on the Core that is used for each emulator, we get a better or worse performance. Is there a list with the best Cores for each system? And the last question … With the mGBA Core, I have problems with sound. I have not been able to play much, but the truth is that the performance is quite good, however the sound can not say the same. Anyone else with this problem that could have solved it? I use the Core that was posted in the forum a few days ago along with that of PSXRearmed.

gPSP is crashing for me every time while mGBA is working. Any ideas?

I’m on 0.3, maybe it’s GPU driver related?

Did you download it through retroarch or through the forum links?

1 Like

I’m using the GBA core that you put yourself in the forum a few days ago. However, the sound is not perfectly fluid. Tested with A Link to the Past and Wario Ware in OS 2.0 (the one that came with the GameShell, I tested version 3.0 before and it gave me a lot of problems and I prefer to wait for a more stable version with Lima)

The mGBA core has glitchy sound, however the gpsp core that has been optimized for the gameshell runs flawlessly for me

that optimized gpsp core … can it be downloaded from retroarch directly? or where can I find that optimized core for GameShell?

Working gPSP file link this is where you can get the optimized core, it cant be downloaded within retroarch directly, you have to put it on the gameshell yourself with winscp or some similar program

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I followed your instructions and set the retroarch. I have a question though.

After setting retroarch, do we load the roms from the base menu? For e example—>genesis—>rom? And it will load the core automatically from retroarch? Or we can load every rom from inside retroarch? If yes how?(what is the route)?

Thanks!! This works great. Got sonic running full speed with picodrive now :slight_smile:

I don’t know about the launcher.

np, I may do a few more this weekend.

I’ve installed it through RetroArch; I switched to the core you uploaded and it’s working perfectly, thanks!

Just tested Sonic Advance, getting stable 60 fps and changing the audio latency to 128 fixed all issues regarding choppy sound.

after I put ‘‘git clone https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch.git retroarch’’ it asks me for a username and password. what can I do?

the username and password is cpi

that’s weird, it shouldn’t, not when cloning via https

the username and password is cpi

Not for git, that’s for SSH

Hi, Any core that works perfectly for SNES? The sound with Snes9x does not work well and I do not find the correct Core in the forum.

I use that:

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/armv7-neon-hf/latest/snes9x2010_libretro.so.zip
1 Like

Thanks, but that Core does not work for me. I’m using Snes9x_2005 right now, but still, I’m having problems with the sound.

You can try to build it yourself https://github.com/libretro/snes9x2010 .
Maybe it will work
Instruction how to build RetroArch Megathread

Im gonna try building a few different versions and see what happens.

snes9x2005_Plus works pretty good for me though. Been using that since I got my gameshell last august

1 Like