What do you want to do with your uConsole?

I’ve used the DevTerm for a Software Defined Radio Receiver … they make right hand USB cables that are a more practical way to connect the RTL-SDR USB dongle. Does anyone know of a peer to peer messaging app in Linux…

2 Likes

I plan on using mine to run an astrophotography setup, never done it in linux before but there seems to be lots of open source astro software and a few paid options even that will run on a raspberrypi.

1 Like

build your applications before a disruption and get real world use! it will work as a wide band receiver using SDR. I plan to use the DevTerm at events supported by ham radio… working on an ICS logging platform… filling in the event log - via NodeRed… logging data to MariaDB, display on Grafana… but the fragility of the DevTerm makes me reluctant to deploy with it . Hoping the Uconsole with it’s aluminum case will work better - but I have Pi 3’s in acrylic boxes that are fairly field deploy-able and with a power shield they can run on 12 volts that is easily rechargeable on solar. The advantage of both Uconsole and DevTerm is the integrated screen - I’ve had a Pi in a case with an external DC powered screen but that is a bit to pack and it’s not the most durable approach - another alternative I’ve got is a Panasonic Tough book with an SSD running linux … but it’s uses more power… I’ve not had the opportunity to use DevTerm with FLdigi on my digital ham radio station (another reason I purchased the A06 variant is the processing power) but have used it with an SDR receiver… on a totally partially related topic - the pressure sensor on the Senshat can be used as a digital barometer - weather watch, but recently have integrated an ESP32 with a pressure sensor and lightning detector - working on the wifi access point and webpage for this - this will work with any device that has wifi and avoids the issue of modifying the hardware.

6 Likes

Use it to post on this forum.

9 Likes

lol,good for you! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I have no idea. Games? Programming? Use it to control iot devices? Iot hub? I’m sure inspiration will strike once I receive it.
“You Console”

1 Like

How about installing Tiny11 i will definitely try this first win11 in your poccket

• Tiny11 is a custom ISO image of Windows 11.
  • The project allows you to install Windows 11 on low-end devices.
  • The custom image removes bloatware allowing a small installation footprint.
  • Tiny11 only requires 2GB of RAM and 8GB of storage and bypasses TPM and Secure Boot requirements.
3 Likes

How about installing Tiny11 i will definitely try this first win11 in your poccket

giphy

6 Likes

Because you can, does there need to be any other reason… :grinning:

3 Likes

I guess I’d like it to become a bit of a utility belt. If the world goes to s**t, I want to still be able to use it as a tool and communication.

1 Like

I hope it can be adapted to the kali system for penetration testing

2 Likes

Anything in Kali can be installed in any linux os. As long as an arm version of the app exists anyway.

1 Like

Just loaded several of the tools (on DevTerm) … now to learn how they work… thanks!

I really like your the PDA idea. I never had a Zaurus, Newton, or Palm Pilot but I always wished I had one. It’s the Linux PDA of my dreams!

1 Like

“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

Zaurus had no wifi only LED modem… or card slot wifi that really ran through the battery…

Pocket keyboard retro gaming (dosbox, c64, amiga, etc) and retro coding lowresnx, love2d

I realized a day or two ago that this is gonna be the perfect dedicated fallout machine… I think i’m gonna try to be the first person in the world to run fallout on RiscV

imma try to be the first person to run doom on the uConsole lol

Uhh, all my zauruses had wifi.

The C6000 had built in wifi.

3 Likes