CM4 Adapter does not work

Hello,

short question. I ordered the R01 uConsole and also ordered a Adapter module + CM4. After two months I got my module yesterday and try some cm4 compatible images but none of them are working and the display stays black. To find the problem I want to know is it normal that parts are missing on the adapter? (like on the picture) I know that from the second empty sound board when you don’t order the 5G variant or are there really missing parts?

that spot is empty on mine to. what do you mean by CM4 compatible images? the uConsole will only work with kernels that have the drivers needed for the device, there are several community distros in the forum and a few clockwork provides in their github.

only this spot or also all the others? I only see the 38k resistor (?) and the rest is just solder on pads :person_shrugging:
I tried an image from this forum to test it. Was declared as working with uconsole cm4. But when you say your working adapter looks the same like mine than this is not the problem. Brings me a step further :blush:

Here’s a list of the community images, I made and maintain the Bookworm image. I know it works give that a shot. just flash the image but don’t apply any custom settings or the image will not work.

PostmarketOS, Arch, Debian Bookworm, Ubuntu 22.04, ParrotOS Security & Home, RetroPie, Ubuntu 22.04, Arch

1 Like

Ok I will test this :ok_hand: thanks

I tried the bookworm image but the display stays black -.-
Did I still use the SD Card or can I flash directly to the CM4?

Is yours a EMMC? If it is that’s why the sd card isn’t working. The EMMC model can’t access the sd card slot. If you have a EMMC CM4 then you’ll need the flash the EMMC in a different carrier board, the uConsole is unable to flash the CM4.

2 Likes

-.- yes it is a EMMC. Ok thats the problem I think. Now I have to buy one of these IO Boards :smiley: thanks for the help

1 Like

yes the EMMC was the problem. Debian is booting fine. Now I have to build a working NixOS image :smiley:
Thanks for the hint :heart:

1 Like