Custom D.E.O.T. V1.0+/Clockwork OS v0.4 image - With Updated Kernel 5.3.6, Latest Lima Drivers, RA1.8.1, Mupen64+ and much more! (Current version: 191122)

@bmos Welcome to the fun! You came at a really good time! Heaps of really exciting stuff is happening right now. Heck, I should be seeing my family for christmas, but here I am; fiddling with the game shell!

Thanks for the feedback re: the boot hang. Good to know, so we don’t waste time after an apt upgrade.

The exceptions in the boot log are to do with the MPD which seemingly has been upgraded in Buster.

I put in an edit you can make in post 172 of this thread.

But I don’t know if that is the thing that’s causing a boot hang.
I’ve just tried it a few times myself, with different iterations of 191111 and 191122, answering to keep and/or replace configurations accordingly. I too have run into similar problems.
I think it’s safe to assume that the aforementioned update is more applicable to a stock 0.4 image, rather than this modified one.

I’ll try one more time with a stock DEOT image.
If that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll rebuild from a a stock 0.4 image, add in the DEOT interface/theme/icons, all associated *.love files, and recompile the kernel with the custom boot screens. Ahh to think, all of this started out as a featured DEOT version to work with.

I would say that the 191122 version is probably the final version, purely intended for people who want to have a device to play games; since apt upgrading will essentially break the lima/mesa files. I’ll start work on something else from now on.

@junjie_shao There will no doubt be a complete official download image out that you will be able to use. Possibly wait for that. Otherwise, for now look up how to SSH into the game shell via USB. If you can get that far, the rest should be fairly straight forward.

I haven’t used windows in a while, so I have no idea if the above is still applicable. If you’re on a mac, you can just SSH into it using terminal, the normal way.
Afterwards, you’ll need to copy the self extracting binary to the game shell. Use whatever program you use to transfer roms etc.
Next you’ll need to type some things into the command line. I’ll just copy a screen cap of what to do next here:
Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 12.41.12 pm

1. First command, ls: Just verifying to see if the binary is there.
  2. Second command, chmod: changed the mode of the binary to make it executable.
  3. Third command, ./“filename”: Executed the binary to install it.

That’s just a basic run down. See how you go from there.

1 Like